Who are we and what assistance do we provide?
LinC Church Services Network Yarra Valley was founded in 1992 to connect and facilitate local churches to assist people in need in the Upper Yarra Valley. Our goal is to ‘help churches help people’ by connecting caring Christians with people needing support. LinC provides an opportunity for ordinary people to do ordinary things, making an extraordinary difference in our community. We are a network of fourteen Christian churches with members and volunteers from local churches and the local community.
To relieve and alleviate poverty and distress for people suffering due to isolation, homelessness, disability/age, financial and family crises. To provide, through our network of Christian churches and local agencies, practical care for vulnerable people.
Our Core Values
- LinC is a Christian network of churches seeking to follow Jesus in his identification with vulnerable people and his example of showing unconditional love to all people.
- LinC is committed to serving people with needs, working in partnership with them and being a channel for a response of compassion from local churches.
- LinC gives priority to people over systems and respects the dignity and worth of all.
- LinC works in partnership with churches and community agencies
- LinC is committed to good stewardship of people and material resources.
- LinC is responsive in acting wherever help is needed and appropriate. We are responsive to new opportunities.
The LinC Referral Team can be contacted by telephone and email. Referrals are made to our churches for fresh food, food and grocery parcels, frozen and community meals, bill help, budgeting, and to local service agencies for case management, financial counselling and other specialised support.
LinC Wellbeing Programs
Whether you’re requiring fresh food or transport we have a community service for you.